Although these are still somewhat uncertain times, real estate transactions are taking place; and now that some restrictions have been lifted in Vermont, they have increased. We are monitoring the market and updates, daily, in order to best help you navigate today’s changing environment. In the meantime, many consumers and agents are resorting to virtual tours and/or FaceTime for viewing and showings with success, as properties in our market area have recently gone under contract as a result.
The following are some tips for buying and selling in today’s market.
- Reach out to a lender to get pre-approved. Rates are at a historical low, and this is a great way to be certain you are looking in the correct price range and to be well-positioned as new properties hit the market this Spring/Summer
- Check out the virtual tours online and contact an agent to preview a property for you or schedule a FaceTime showing
- Ask your agent to set up auto notifications of properties coming on to the market for you. We are still in a low inventory market, and appealing properties can go pending quickly.
If you are considering selling your home this season, there are things you can be doing now to prepare turning your home into a house for sale for spring and summer, which is our strongest market. In a recent Blog from Coldwell Banker, these 5 small home improvements are those that we recommend most often:
- Curb appeal
- Freshly painted walls and clean carpets
- Depersonalize and declutter
- Update hardware
For detail on these tips, click here.
- 9 out of 10 buyers are still looking at properties online. We can now provide the latest and most advanced technologies in order to highlight your property, and enhance the buyer viewing experience.
If you have any questions at all, or would like more detail, please feel free to contact me anytime. Our comprehensive Market Report is also available should you like to receive a copy.